Another avalanche

Hi everybody! 🙂

As I mentioned at the end of my last post, from now I’ll work on my previous GSoC project, Avalanche. As you can see on it’s wiki page if you click on the link, there are still much and more to do until not only the game is completable but actually the engine itself is complete.

I already started a new branch and started my work with a quite great deal of refactoring and reworking the drawing of sprites. Now they are fully handled by my putImage() implementation, what is really similar to Pascal’s. (Yes, I know that there a couple of commits with CGE2 tags, my bad, they’ll be amended before the merge.)

From now, you can take the TODO section of the wiki page as a listing of milestones for the remaining two weeks of GSoC. I’ll do my best to erase as much as I can from that list. Today, during the refactoring, I fixed half of the Shoot em’ Up – the display of the heads of shot people in the pallets were not right at all. Now, using drawSprite() – which uses the brand new putImage() –  it’s all right. Besides that, there’s still a little graphical glitch in it regarding Avalot’s walking – it’s a bit too robotic at the moment. To be fixed as well. 🙂

Finally, I decided I will take care of the rest of the main menu this week. There’s still a missing “pushed in” state for the buttons, and several menu items are just placeholders, selecting them does nothing, since they are not implemented yet. That’ll be my first concern from now.
See ya guys!