Week 5 – Finishing up Scott

Picking up from where I left last week, the bug I was stuck on has been fixed! It was caused by a missing conditional return statement in the 6520 emu which would cause it to run for longer than it was supposed to for certain games. I fixed it just some hours after the last blog post went up so luckily I didn’t lose much time because of it.

Once the bug was fixed, the rest went by relatively quickly. I finished adding all the games to detection and that was basically it. That work has been merged into the ScummVM master which is great. There are some minor visual bugs still present but I decided to move on to TI99/4A support as they were nothing game breaking.

TI99/4A support was much easier as it doesn’t have any graphics and as of writing this I am done with it too. This means I am done with the Scott engine outside of any fixes I have to make if needed.

The next thing I’ll be working on will be either PINK or WAGE engine. Look forward to next week for updates on that and thanks for reading!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.